Tuesday 14 February 2012

Flinders Lane

Of the galleries and exhibitions on Flinders Lane, two in particular really captured my attention.
The first was e.g.etal, a jewellery exhibition and shop. There was a great variety of styles in the jewellery there. I particularly liked the work of Jasmine Watson, whose work had a clear floral theme to them. I liked the clarity and sleekness of her designs and the beautiful simplicity of them.

I was also drawn to the vibrance of Kathryn Wardill's glass bead collection. I was again struck by the seemingly simple designs that were actually quite intricate, which lead to a very effective overall appearance.

The second gallery was the Flinders Lane Gallery. I was immediately struck by the realism of Naomi White's "Secret Path" (see below). I liked how by simply looking at the painting I was transported 'into' the painting, where I could imagine myself actually being there.
I really enjoyed seeing the level of detail that was in this painting and how the detail really added to the overall feel/atmosphere of the painting.


Naomi White "Secret Path"




No comments:

Post a Comment